- Competition will start on Saturday 1st April 2017 and close on Sunday May 14th 11.59 pm (Aus EST). Public voting will start on the close date and will run for 1 week.
- You may submit an entry into one or both the “Bright” and “Black and White”.
- The competition is open to anyone internationally.
- Both professional and amateur seamstresses and tailors may enter. Please specify your experience level so this can be taken into account during judging.
- There is no size restrictions on the outfit.
- The outfit must be made for an adult not a child. Any male, drag queen, transgender or binary person wanting to enter … go for it!
- Commercial patterns may be used but you must specify the brand and pattern number.
- Specify which design the outfit was made for, “Bright” or “Black and White” .
- A garment may only be entered into either “Bright” or Black and White”, not both.
- The outfit may be a dress, separates, pants or skirt but must have a top and bottom made for the competition.
- Entry is free with no obligation to purchase anything from “Tools by Hollie”.
- All prices are in Australian dollars if not specified.
The “Bright” and “Black and White” will both be judged by the same criteria.
- How well the design suits the chosen “Bright” or “Black and White” accessories.
- Fit of the outfit on the model.
- Unique design elements
- Attention to detail such as zip insertion.
- Construction of the outfit (finishing of seams and hems etc.).
- Level of experience will be taken into consideration so beginners will not be handicapped.
- Photography of the outfit when finished.
- Judges will be Hollie Bell from “Tools by Hollie” and Vicky Kidd Galghann from “Rockstars and Royalty”. All decisions are final.
- Popular vote winner will be the entrant with the highest number of votes.
- Entrants may invite anyone to vote on their outfit. Only one vote per I.P. address will be counted.
- A random winner will be selected from everyone who signed up to ToolsbyHollie.com during the contest period. An entry into the sewing competition is not required.
Please submit photos of:
- The front (full length)
- The side (full length)
- The back (full length)
- 3 of the inside construction, different elements.
- Up to 10 photos.
- Well lit photos that capture the details of the garment.
- Portrait aspect and no bigger than 800 pixels.